Brandon Byrne is a senior associate in the Dallas office. Brandon has experience assisting public and private companies with SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance and board and board committee matters, merger and acquisition transactions, equity and debt offerings, stock exchange matters, representation and warranty insurance matters, general contractual matters, derivatives reform and hedge fund investments.
Prior to joining the Dallas office, Brandon clerked for the Honorable William J. Holloway, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
2008 - J.D., Honors, University of Texas School of Law
2005 - B.B.A., Summa Cum Laude, Accounting, Texas A&M University
During law school, Brandon was honored as a member of Order of the Coif and earned the Dean's Achievement Award for the highest grade in Corporations. Additionally, he was an associate editor on the Texas Law Review and was an associate director of the Legal Research Board. Brandon also graduated ranked number one from Texas A&M's accounting department.
Brandon is admitted to practice law in the state of Texas and is also admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Reorganization and $800 million initial public offering of common stock for oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Sale of privately held crude oil pipeline company for approximately $133 million.
- Acquisition of provider of comparative data and analytics and supply chain management solutions for academic medical centers and non-profit hospitals for approximately $390 million of cash and stock consideration.
- Acquisition of substantially all the assets of manufacturer of specialized equipment and aftermarket parts for the oil and gas industry for approximately $710 million.
- At-the-market public offering of $750 million of common units by publicly traded MLP.
- Acquisition/sale of portfolios of products for developer and manufacturer of specialty medical devices and surgical implants.
- Offering of $175 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded provider of land contract drilling services.
- Sale of subsidiary of publicly traded oil and gas company for approximately $400 million.
- Acquisition of privately held operator of tank barges and tugboats for approximately $300 million.
- Sale of privately held mobility technology company specializing in digital services for flexible vehicle use.
- Offering of $550 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Sale of privately held manufacturer of products for the oil, gas, mining, industrial, and municipal water markets for approximately $150 million.
- Acquisition of fleet of tank barges and inland towboats for approximately $68 million.
- Sale of healthcare architecture firm for approximately $16 million.
- Acquisition of fleet of barges and towboats and related assets for approximately $80 million.
- Acquisition of privately held organic juice and fruit-infused water company.
- Underwritten public offering (with exercise of over-allotment option) by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $17 million of common stock.
- Sale of privately held hospice and palliative care provider for approximately $120 million.
- At-the-market public offering of approximately $12 million of common and preferred stock by publicly traded water resource management company.
- Sale of independent physician practice to regional hospital system in the then second-largest transaction of its kind.
- Acquisition of privately held rural hospital for approximately $4 million.
- Sale of assets of subsidiary of publicly traded tank barge operator for approximately $10 million.
- Private placement of preferred stock and common stock purchase warrants by water resource management company.
- Reorganization and initial public offering (secondary offering) of common stock of temporary staffing company.
- Hedge fund investments by one of the largest public pension plans in the United States.
- Purchase of assets relating to engine supply and repair business for approximately $12 million.
- Acquisition of privately held network security software company.
- Acquisition of privately held executive search and strategic marketing firm.
- Sale of privately held manufacturer of home products for approximately $22 million.
- Public offerings of preferred stock and depositary shares by publicly traded oil and gas company.
- Acquisition of publicly traded provider of outpatient kidney dialysis services for approximately $110 million.
- Public offering by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $7 million of common stock.
- Offering of $250 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded rent-to-own operator.
- Acquisition of apparel manufacturer for approximately $50 million.
- Sale of privately held wealth management firm for approximately $4 million.
- Private placement by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $9 million of common stock.
- Acquisition of privately held operator of surgical centers for approximately $65 million.
- Co Author, "CFTC Outlines Derivatives Reform Agenda and Proposes Rules Phasing in Clearing, Trade Execution, Swap Trading Documentation, and Margin Requirements," Fulbright Briefing, September 14, 2011
- Co Author, "CFTC Adopts Final and Proposed Rules Implementing Dodd-Frank – Addresses Challenges and Timing of Dodd-Frank Implementation," Fulbright Briefing, July 25, 2011
- Co Author, "In Tenth Dodd-Frank Meeting, CFTC Proposes Subjecting Agricultural Swaps and Commodity Options to Swaps Regulatory Framework," Fulbright Briefing, January 25, 2011
- Co Author, "CFTC Adopts Position Limit Proposal at Ninth Open Meeting Implementing Dodd-Frank," Fulbright Briefing , January 19, 2011
- Co Author, "CFTC Approves Proposed Rulemaking Providing for Broad "End-User" Exemption from Mandatory Clearing of Swaps," Fulbright Briefing, December 13, 2010
- Co Author, "CFTC Approves Proposed Rulemaking Defining Key Terms During Sixth Meeting on Dodd-Frank Implementation," Fulbright Briefing, December 3, 2010
- Co Author, "CFTC Holds Open Meeting on Fifth Series of Proposed Rules Under the Dodd–Frank Act," Fulbright Briefing, November 23, 2010
- Co Author, "Update on CFTC’s Fourth Series of Proposed Rules Under Dodd–Frank," Fulbright Briefing, November 23, 2010
- Co Author, "CFTC Issues Four Proposed Rules," The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski - Financial Reform Task Force, October 20, 2010
- "Material Adverse Change Definitions After the U.S. Cooper Tire & Rubber Case," Association of Corporate Counsel, Corporate & Securities Law Committee, August 2015
Memberships and activities
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
St. Monica Catholic Church, Catechist
Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Volunteer Attorney