Brian Albrecht joined the Houston office in 2011. As a senior associate, his practice focuses on litigation and energy matters. Brian has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation cases in state and federal court.
2011 - J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law
2007 - B.B.A., summa cum laude, Finance, Southern Methodist University
2007 - B.A., summa cum laude, English, Southern Methodist University
While in law school, Brian was selected as a 1L Student Mentor. He was a student attorney for a semester in the Juvenile Justice Clinic, and participated on the scout team for the Georgetown University Law School White Collar Crime Mock Trial Tournament and the Texas Young Lawyers Association Mock Trial Tournament.
While at Southern Methodist University, Brian was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a President's Scholar, and volunteered with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas.
- Defended drilling company in state court in oil and gas lease dispute; successfully argued motion for summary judgment
- Represented natural gas marketing company in enforcing arbitration of valuation issues related to multi-million dollar acquisition
- Defended large national bank in matter involving claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty
- Counseled companies regarding the disclosure of hydraulic fracturing fluids
- Defended insurance company in premises litigation that involved significant personal injury
- Represented municipal utility district in construction dispute involving breach of contract
- Co Author, "Hydraulic Fracturing: Subsurface Trespass Emerging Issue", The American Oil & Gas Reporter, February 2012
- Co Author, "Hydraulic Fracturing Studies Release Preliminary Plans and Initial Reports", Fulbright Briefing, November 15, 2011
"Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing," Mountain States Legal Foundation Executive Committee Retreat, Denver, Colorado, June 2013.
"What the Frac' is Frac'ing?: Its Impact and Legal Issues for the Energy Industry," Houston Association of Legal Professionals, Houston, Texas, June 2013.
"Preparing for the Future: How Acting Now--in Advance of Regulation--Will Benefit Workers and Limit Future Liability," 3rd Proppants Summit, Houston, Texas, May 2013.
"What the Frac' is Frac'ing?: An Overview of Hydraulic Fracturing Regulations and Litigation," Houston Paralegal Association Annual CLE, Galveston, Texas, May 2013.
Moderator, "Dealing with Community Challenges in the Permian Basin," Permian Basin Infrastructure & Development Summit, Dallas, Texas, January 2013.
"What's New: Local Ordinances Related to Hydraulic Fracturing; The Debate Between State and Local Levels of Regulation; Legislative Developments Since Last Year," 2nd Annual Hydraulic Fracturing One-Day Conference, CLE International, Austin, Texas, November 2012.
"The Ethics of Witness Preparation," CLE, Houston, Texas, October 2012.
Memberships and activities
Houston Bar Association (HBA)
Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program (HVLP), Volunteer (2011-present)
Joe Bourbois joined in 1994 in the San Antonio office. Joe concentrates his practice on products liability litigation, false advertising litigation, pha... .
May 01, 2012
As the number of hydraulic fractures continues to increase, the number of lawsuits attacking the process rises as well. Most lawsuits to date have focus....
February 01, 2012