Kenneth L. Stewart
Chair, United States
Ken Stewart is Chair of Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP.
With more than 30 years of legal practice, Ken's experience encompasses almost every aspect of corporate law. A certified public accountant as well as a seasoned counselor, he offers his clients solid negotiation skills and a deep understanding of the law as it relates to corporate business transactions. Ken has handled mergers and acquisitions, partnership arrangements, securities transactions, business financings, and general corporate transactions and operations.
Ken has worked with clients in several significant transactions, including the representation of a NYSE-listed MLP pipeline company in a merger with another MLP pipeline company, the special committee of directors of a NASDAQ health care company in connection with a management buyout and a NYSE-listed specialty steel manufacturer in an acquisition by merger.
JD, Vanderbilt University, 1979
BSBA, Accounting, University of Arkansas, 1976
While in law school, Ken was honored as a member of the Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review.
He was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1979.
Rankings and recognitions
- Texas Super Lawyers, mergers & acquisitions, Thomson Reuters, 2003 - 2011
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2006 - 2018
Memberships and activities
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- State Bar of Texas - Corporate Counsel Section
- Dallas Bar Association - Corporate Counsel Section, Chair (2000)
- Center for American and International Law - Board and Executive Committee (2006 - 2012), Secretary (2010-2012)
- Dallas Regional Chamber, Board Member (2005 - 2011)
- Executive Committee (2010 - 2011)
- Finance Committee (2005, 2006)
- Water Resource Committee (2007 - 2010), Chair (2010 - 2011)
- China Task Force (2006, 2007)
- Trinity Task Force (2007)
- Dallas Breakfast Group, Board Member (2010 - 2012)
- Dallas Citizens Council
- Trinity Commons Foundation
- Junior Achievement Dallas, Inc., Chair of the Board (2002, 2003)
- Dallas Business Hall of Fame, Chair (2001)
Kenneth Stewart, our Chair of Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP in Dallas and Houston, has also acted as Global Chair since May 2015..
February 08, 2016
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright today announced that Stephen Parish, became global chair effective May 1, 2016..
May 03, 2016
Transatlantic combination one of the largest in the history of the legal profession.
June 03, 2013