Mr. Goodman is one of the senior members of the Structured/Project Finance Group, and is located in our Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on international project finance in various regions of the world, primarily in emerging markets on behalf of multilateral lending institutions and development banks. His projects cover the full range of infrastructure, including power (both conventional and renewable energy, particularly solar and wind projects), transportation (including rail, roads, ports and airports), water, mining, large commercial real estate, telecommunications, and manufacturing/ industrial plants. He has worked on numerous major transactions in Latin America, including Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Honduras, Uruguay and Guatemala, as well as in Africa, including Senegal, Ghana, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mozambique, Kenya, and throughout Eastern Europe, and the Middle East. He also has worked on various domestic project development and finance matters, including a downtown sports arena in Washington, D.C.
1979 - J.D., with honors, University of Michigan Law School
1974 - B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Amherst College
- Represented a Colombian energy company in connection with a project financing of its transmission line facilities
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with a 53 MW solar photovoltaic ("PV") project and transmission line in northern Chile, near the city of Copiapo
- Represented a multilateral lender in post-closing matters related to the financing of three photovoltaic solar power plants in Tarapacá and Antofagasta, two regions of Chile
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with the financing of the construction, operation and maintenance of six solar power plants and its associated facilities in Uruguay
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with a 40 MW solar photovoltaic ("PV") project and transmission line in northern Chile, near the city of Arica, in the Atacama Desert
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with the financing of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a 50 MW wind farm to be located in the province of Montecristi in the Dominican Republic
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with the financing of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a 30.6 MW wind farm to be located in the Peravia province in the Dominican Republic
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with financing an expansion of the São Paulo subway system. Project Finance International named this project Infrastructure Deal of the Year for the Americas and Project Finance Magazine named it Latin American Transportation Deal of the Year
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with financing for a seawater desalination plant in Chile. Project Finance Magazine named this project a Latin American Water Deal of the Year
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with a submerged timber project adjacent to the Panama Canal
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with a new steel manufacturing facility in Brazil
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with senior and subordinate loans to a bank in Guatemala
- Represented borrower in connection with a syndicated credit facility in Colombia secured by crude oil production
- Represented a private sponsor in connection with a $600 million interstate natural gas pipeline project in the U.S.
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with a hydro-electric power project in Argentina
- Represented a multilateral lender in connection with an agricultural export trade finance project in Argentina
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with a barge-mounted power plant in Cambodia
- Represented multilateral lender on a large coke processing and cogeneration plant in Brazil
- Represented a U.S. oil company on the acquisition of an interest in an oil production field in North Africa
- Represented sponsor/general partner in connection with the structuring and establishment of a new Central European infrastructure fund
- Represented a sponsor in connection with two large gold mine projects in Senegal and Ethiopia
- Represented a sponsor in connection with an integrated jatropha plantation and biodiesel facility in Mozambique
- Represented multilateral lender in connection with financing related to the privatization of four international airports in Honduras
- Represented private investor in connection with the restructuring of secured debt advanced to a multinational company engaged in the delivery of digital radio programming via satellites
- Represented project developer in the development, financing and construction of a commercial office building project in Prague, Czech Republic
- Represented a private real estate developer regarding the development, financing, construction and leasing of three separate commercial office building projects in Warsaw, Poland
- Represented a private real estate developer regarding the development, financing, construction and leasing of a new office and retail development project in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Represented the project sponsor in connection with the development of a large commercial port project in Aden, Yemen
- Represented a UK chemicals company in connection with chemical plants located in Pakistan and the UAE
- Represented a UK petroleum company in connection with the establishment of an oil trading company in Dubai
- Represented a U.S. energy company in connection with the formation of a new biodiesel production facility in the U.S.
Memberships & Activities
Mr. Goodman is a member of the District of Columbia and American Bar Associations. He is a former co-chair of the ABA's Committee on International Investment and Development. Mr. Goodman is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia.
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Latin America, leader in projects, Chambers & Partners, 2009-2012, 2015-2016
- Legal 500 Latin America, recommended lawyer, International Firms: Projects and Energy, The Legal 500, 2013, 2015 - 2016
- Chambers USA, leader in projects, Chambers & Partners, 2007-2008, 2010-2014
- Chambers Global, USA: Projects, and USA: Projects (Foreign Experts - Latin America-wide), Chambers & Partners, 2010-2015
- Chambers Global, Latin America-wide: Projects, Chambers & Partners, 2010-2017
- Legal 500 US Guide, recommended lawyer, Project Finance, The Legal 500, 2013-2015
- World's Leading Banking, Financial and Transactional Lawyer, Expert Guides, 2012-2013
- World's Leading Project Finance Lawyer, Expert Guides, 2011
- Washington, DC Super Lawyer, Projects, Thomson Reuters, 2009
- Washington DC & Baltimore's Top Rated Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-2013
- Washington D.C. Bar License
- Spanish - Limited Proficiency
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. invites our clients and friends to attend a special roundtable discussion on the significant infrastructure development opp....
June 29, 2010
Chambers and Partners has ranked three US lawyers among the top lawyers for Latin American matters in its 2016 Chambers Latin America guide..
September 20, 2016
The Legal 500 has recognized two US practice groups and several of the groups’ key lawyers as preeminent practitioners in the 2016 Legal 500 Latin America guide..
September 08, 2016