Anne Rodgers has been in the Houston office since 1990. She has a national and international practice litigating and advising on complex and novel commercial matters. Her experience ranges broadly, including class actions, derivative suits, and more traditional litigation and dispute resolution in substantive areas such as international human rights claims (Alien Tort Statute, Torture Victim Protection Act, and Anti-Terrorism Act), antitrust, corporate governance, fiduciary duties, securities fraud, business torts and contracts, and oil and gas.
Anne represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including energy, banking and finance, health care, manufacturing (chemicals, computers, medical devices), marine construction, oil and gas, pipelines, retail sales and telecommunications.
She was also a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee for 10 years.
1990 - J.D., University of Chicago Law School
1987 - B.S., University of Houston
Anne was selected as a member of the University of Chicago Law School Visiting Committee by the Dean of the law school from October 2004 to September 2007. She is also a member of the Chicago Society.
Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1990, Anne is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the Supreme Court of Texas, the United States District Court for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh, and D.C. Circuits.
Before attending law school, Anne spent a number of years as a petroleum landman.
- American Bar Association
- Antitrust Section
- The Antitrust Source, Editorial Board (2004 - present)
- Robinson-Patman Act Committee, Vice-Chair (2001 - 2004)
- State Bar of Texas
- Antitrust and Business Litigation Section, Council (2008 - 2010)
- Houston Bar Association
- Antitrust Section, Council Chair (2005 - 2006)
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Chambers USA, Texas: Antitrust, Chambers & Partners, 2011 - 2016
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyers, Antitrust - Civil litigation/class actions, The Legal 500, 2016
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Antitrust: Cartel, The Legal 500, 2015
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Energy: Litigation, The Legal 500, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2013 - 2016
- Texas Women Lawyers, Best Lawyers, 2014 - 2016
- Competition and Antitrust Lawyer, Expert Guides, 2014
- World's Leading Women in Business Law, Expert Guides, 2014
- Multistate Indirect Purchaser Class Actions: Using Consumer Protetion Statutes to Hurdle the Illinois Brick Wall, December 15, 2015
- Co-author, "US authorities help Competition Bureau to secure US-based documents" International Law Office, January 22, 2015
- Co-author with Geraldine Young and Utsav Mathur, "DOJ Puts Cybersecurity Info-Sharing Policy Into Practice," Law360, October 20, 2014
- Co-author with Geraldine Young and Utsav Mathur, "Antitrust And Cybersecurity — Still A Long Way To Go," Law360, September 30, 2014
- Co-author with Layne Kruse and Carlos Rainer, "US: Energy," The Antitrust Review of the Americas 2015, September 2014
- Co-author with Marcy Greer, Darryl Anderson, Layne Kruse and Daniel McClure, "Supreme Court Further Refines Proof Standards For Class Certification And Ups The Ante For Antitrust Plaintiffs," Fulbright Alert, March 28, 2013
- Co-author, "Fulbright Team Files Amici Curiae Briefs on Behalf of Over 60 Public Interest Organizations in DOMA and Proposition 8 Cases," Fulbright Briefing, March 6, 2013
- Co-author with Harva Dockery, "How the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Will Affect Diversity," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Financial Reform Task Force, August 17, 2010
- Co-author with Darryl Wade Anderson and Guy I. Wade, III, "Supreme Court Holds NFL Intellectual Property Licensing Decisions Subject to Antitrust Scrutiny," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Alert, May 24, 2010
- Co-author with Jonathan S. Franklin and Benjamin Vetter, "Supreme Court Adopts More Predictable Principal-Place-of-Business Test," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Alert, February 23, 2010
- Co-author with Jonathan S. Abernethy and Daniel James Pirolo, "Skilling and the Future of Securities Fraud Cases," Securities Law 360, January 8, 2009
- Co-author with Jonathan S. Abernethy and Daniel James Pirolo, "Fifth Circuit Affirms Skilling Conviction in Opinion That May Impact Future Securities Fraud Cases," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, January 2009
- Co-author with Peter Stokes, "Fifth Circuit Emphasizes Strict Pleading Requirements for Securities Fraud Plaintiffs in Rare Interlocutory Reversal," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, August 4, 2008
- Co-author with Daniel James Pirolo, "Chairman Cox Announces SEC's 2008 Priorities," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, February 12, 2008
- Co-author with Peter Stokes, "Texas Court Curtails Discovery from Delaware Corporations in Shareholder Derivative Lawsuits," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, February 2008
- Co-author with Ellen Sessions, Gerard G. Pecht, Daniel James Pirolo, and Peter Stokes, "Supreme Court Curbs 'Scheme Liability' Lawsuits," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, January 2008
- Co-author with Peter Stokes, "Ruling Tightens Rein on Securities Fraud Plaintiffs," Securities Law 360, August 9, 2007
- Co-author with Carlos R. Rainer, "Fifth Circuit Erects 'Loss Causation' Hurdle to Certification of Securities Class Action Based on Fraud-on-the-Market Theory," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, May 2007
- Contributor, "Trends in Energy Litigation 2007," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Energy Litigation Report, May 2007
- Co-author with Seth Kretzer, "Texas Supreme Court Sets New Limits on Extraterritorial Reach of State Antitrust Laws," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Client Alert, October 2006
- "Developments in Oil and Gas Antitrust," Global Competition Review, December 1, 2005
- Forum Non Conveniens Chapter, International Litigation, Defending and Suing Foreign Parties in U.S. Federal Courts, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association, 2003
- Robinson-Patman Act Chapter, Sample Jury Instructions in Civil Antitrust Cases, American Bar Association, 1999
- Co-author, "Class Actions in the Oil and Gas Industry," 48th Annual Institute on Oil and Gas Law and Taxation, Matthew Bender & Co., Inc., 1997
- United Way Texas Gulf Coast
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- Women's Initiative
In her spare time, Anne tests recipes for America's Test Kitchen and serves as a volunteer for the Houston Heights Association.
Recent reforms are transforming the landscape for antitrust litigation across Europe – and in particular in the UK. The Consumer Rights Act 2015, which comes.....
Breakfast briefingOctober 8, 2015 | London, United Kingdom | Accreditation 1 CPD hour
June 30, 2016
Corporations worldwide are frequent targets of class or group actions. The respondents to Norton Rose Fulbright’s 2015 Litigation Trends Annual Survey – primarily...
October 20, 2015