As a partner in the Austin office, Paul Trahan's litigation practice is focused on complex commercial matters in a variety of industries, including technology, real estate, construction, banking, motor vehicle, health care, mining and retail.
Paul has significant jury trial, bench trial and arbitration experience. He has represented corporate clients across the country, handling all aspects of pretrial and trial work. Paul attempts to bring common sense and creativity to the table along with his passion for the courtroom.
Prior to attending law school, Paul was an energy and middle market banker in Houston, Texas.
1997 - J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
1988 - M.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, Finance concentration
1985 - B.A., Texas A&M University, English major
While in law school, Paul served as a law clerk, served on the Board of Texas Law Fellowships and was active in trial advocacy competitions.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Trademark and trade secret disputes
- Construction disputes
- Oil and gas disputes
- Bond validation litigation
Rankings and recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2012 - 2018
- Texas Super Lawyer, Civil litigation: defense, Thomson Reuters, 2014 - 2017
- "Arbitration: If & When It Makes Your Client's Life Easier," Advanced Real Estate Law Course, Texas Bar Association "Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediation and Arbitration," Litigation School – Arbitration & Mediation Presentation Take-Aways
- "Civil Trial & Post-Trial Practice," Federal Practice Seminar, Federal Bar Association – Austin Chapter
- "Defensive Pleadings," The University of Texas School of Law, Civil Litigation Strategy
- "Practical Considerations for Voir Dire: Focusing on What Matters," 14th Annual Texas Aggie Bar Association Conference
- "Performance Bonds, Construction Lien Law Seminar," Lorman Education Services
- "An Update and Refresher on Constructing and Proving Damages," 34th Annual Page Keeton Civil Litigation, The University of Texas School of Law
- "Injunctions & Extraordinary Remedies," 25th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, Texas Bar Association
- "Punitive Damages, Procedure and Strategy," Handling Insurance and Tort Claims, University of Houston Law Foundation
Memberships and activities
- Leadership Austin, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Volunteer Legal Services, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Eagles Wings Retreat Center, Board of Directors, President
- Texas Bar Foundation (by invitation, <1% of Texas attorneys)
- University of Texas Law Mentoring Program
- University of Texas School of Law Austin Alumni Steering Committee
- The Lloyd Lochridge American Inn of Court