Our Asia-Pacific banking and finance team combines deep knowledge of regional law with a track record on pan-Asian and cross-border financings throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our PNG banking and finance team advises a range of international clients with interests in the PNG market.
The below is an illustrative list of the projects and transactions that our lawyers have advised on relating to PNG. Prior to opening our office in Port Moresby, this work was undertaken with local counsel advising on PNG law aspects.
Our clients include
- Commercial and Investment banks
- Export Credit Agencies
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Domestic and foreign corporations
Our areas of work include
- Project finance
- Acquisition finance
- Corporate finance
- Property and construction finance
- Asset finance
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Debt capital markets
Our recent work
- Advised the Independent State of Papua New Guinea in relation to its AU$1.24bn financing from UBS for the purpose of its acquisition of a significant equity interest in Oil Search, and in the Elk Antelope gas field being developed by Total.
- Advised the Allied Gold Group, an Australian-based gold producing mining company, on an A$80 million pre-payment facility from Red Kite, involving the sale of gold to Red Kite from Allied Gold Group mines in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
- Advised Merrill Lynch Commodities in relation to their investment in a proposed liquefied natural gas project in PNG.