With over 1,000 professionals dedicated to financial institutions, we advise many of the world’s leading banks, asset managers, financial investors and insurance companies, both locally and on a global scale.
Drawing upon our depth of experience across the financial services sector and our detailed regulatory knowledge, we provide tailored advice on high-level and complex assignments.
Our approach to our financial institutions clients is holistic across the range of their legal requirements.
With substantial resources in the world’s leading financial centres and on-the-ground teams in many of the fastest growing emerging markets including Papua New Guinea, we are perfectly positioned to help you realise your objectives wherever you are in the world.
The below is an illustrative list of the projects and transactions that our lawyers have advised on relating to PNG. Prior to opening our office in Port Moresby, this work was undertaken with local counsel advising on PNG law aspects.
Our clients include
- Commercial and Investment banks
- Export Credit Agencies
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Domestic and foreign corporations
Our areas of work include
- Project finance
- Acquisition finance
- Corporate finance
- Property and construction finance
- Asset finance
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Debt capital markets
Our recent work
- Advised the Independent State of Papua New Guinea in relation to its AU$1.24bn financing from UBS for the purpose of its acquisition of a significant equity interest in Oil Search, and in the Elk Antelope gas field being developed by Total.
- Advised the Allied Gold Group, an Australian-based gold producing mining company, on an A$80 million pre-payment facility from Red Kite, involving the sale of gold to Red Kite from Allied Gold Group mines in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
- Advised Merrill Lynch Commodities in relation to their investment in a proposed liquefied natural gas project in PNG.