Our Warsaw banking and finance lawyers advise domestic and international financial institutions, and major multinational and domestic corporations, on a range of financial transactions.
“The lawyers are very available and flexible, knowledgeable and to the point. They are precise over high volumes of documentation, discreet and well-measured.” Chambers Europe, 2016
We provide a full business law service to support our clients operating across a range of key industry sectors.
As part of our global banking and finance group, we work with our banking lawyers all over the world to provide integrated advice on cross-border and regional financings throughout Europe and beyond.
Areas of work
- Acquisition finance
- Asset finance
- Banking and regulatory issues
- Debt instruments
- Debt portfolios sales and acquisitions
- Debt restructuring
- Mezzanine finance
- OTC and exchange traded derivatives transactions
- Project finance
- Secured and unsecured lending and borrowing
- Structured finance
- We used our experience as counsel to arrangers and sponsors in telecoms finance globally to advise Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A. on a €3bn (approximately PLN 12.5bn) complex landmark refinancing of Polish digital satellite platform Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and mobile phone operator Polkomtel sp. z o.o. within a tight timeframe. The other banks involved in the transaction were Bank Zachodni WBK S.A., ING Bank Śląski S.A., and Société Générale. (September, 2015)
- We advised several banks on the €400m (approximately PLN 1.59bn) credit facility financing for CIECH S.A., on the refinancing of its existing debt, comprising high yield bonds and revolving credit facilities, and financing of working capital needs. We advised Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A., Bank Millennium S.A., Bank Zachodni WBK S.A., Credit Agricole Bank Polska S.A., HSBC Bank Polska S.A., Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Europe) S.A. (Spółka Akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce and Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A., as mandated lead arrangers, Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. as a facility agent and Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A. as a security agent. (October, 2015)
- We advised AMC III JET B.V. of Mezzanine Management group on the €15m (approximately PLN 60m) mezzanine facility granted to AASA Polska to finance its lending activities, secured with consumer debt portfolios and subsequent restructuring of indebtedness. We assisted with extensive negotiations of the intercreditor agreement on the incurrence of senior financing in a form of credit facilities and bonds. (April, 2016)
- We advised PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A. on documentation for the €125m (approximately PLN 500m) credit facility from Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego to finance ongoing business activity and PGE group investments. This was the second facility granted to PGE by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego under the ‘Polish investments’ governmental programme. We also advised on the documentation for the previous financing of PLN 1bn, granted by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego in 2014. (December, 2015)