In Warsaw, our lawyers advise global and domestic clients, including aviation, rail and shipping companies, who operate within the transport sector. We work with our clients to develop new products and manage legal requirements for the sale, purchase and financing of assets, including purchase orders, finance and operating leases, various tax leases, export credit financings, securitisations and pre-delivery payment financing.
As part of our global transport group, we have decades of experience in the transport sector. We are one of the few global law firms to provide the all-round service needed by today’s rapidly evolving transport sector.
Areas of work
- Asset finance
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- We acted for Apollo Aviation, a multistrategy alternative investment firm specialising in commercial aviation investing, on aircraft lease issues, including the lease of numerous aircrafts to Small Planet. (July, 2016)
- We advised The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on the unconditional and irrevocable first demand guarantee for a PLN 800m (approximately €201m) credit facility agreement between European Investment Bank and PKP Intercity S.A. to finance the replacement and modernisation of passenger trains and locomotives to be used on long distance urban passenger services in Poland. (December, 2015)
- We advised a group of banks on the financing of numerous vessels for the subsidiaries of Żegluga Polska S.A. (February, 2015)
- We advised LOT Polish Airlines (Polskie Linie Lotnicze “LOT” S.A.) on a purchase transaction of five Boeing 787 Dreamliners. The purchase costs were refinanced by a bond issue governed by New York law and guaranteed by Export Import Bank of the United States.