Piotr Julian Strawa
Head of Warsaw
Piotr Strawa is the head of the Warsaw office and corporate and M&A lawyer. He focuses on corporate matters, including M&As, privatizations, restructurings, private equity and joint ventures. He has acted for multinational and domestic companies, government agencies and financial institutions on transactions in a variety of sectors since the opening of the Polish market to foreign investors. Piotr also advises clients on corporate governance, compliance and business ethnics, as well as on anti-corruption issues.
- University of Warsaw (Faculty of Law and Administration) - 1980;
- In 1985 he was admitted to the Polish Bar of Legal Advisers.
Rankings and recognitions
- Sources decribe him as a "very good, quite senior lawyer", Chambers Global 2017;
- Piotr is ranked and highly recommended as a 'leading individual' and 'key individual' in Corporate and M&A practice by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and The Legal 500;
- Recently, he has been recognized as one of the best lawyers in Poland in the area of corporate law by The Best Lawyers in Poland (2016-17).
He is the co-author of the Polish section of a three volume publication by Kluwer Law on acquisitions and mergers in over 50 countries.
On 28 September 2015, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published final drafts of 28 technical standards that it is mandated to produce under....
October 06, 2015
While the headline changes to the MiFID regime center on market infrastructure, there are many changes being made to investor protection requirements..
May 14, 2015
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Transport Infrastructure Investment Company S.a r.l. (TIIC) and Grupa NDI S.A. (NDI) on the sale to Arcus Infrastructure Partners of NDI Autostrada sp. z o.o..
March 08, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been recognised for its work on the refinancing of Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and Polkomtel Sp. z o.o.’s existing debt and the financing of working capital requirements, worth PLN 12.5bn (approximately €3bn). The accolade was awarded by Polish national daily paper, Rzeczpospolita. The ceremony took place on April, 18 2016..
April 20, 2016