Timothy is an energy, construction, oil and gas and disputes lawyer based in Cape Town.
He focuses on renewable energy projects (EPC / O&M), construction and oil and gas oilfield services.
He is an experienced commercial litigator and dispute resolution lawyer, accomplished in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), having resolved a number of matters through mediation and arbitration. He is also knowledgeable in all aspects of insolvency, including business rescue.
Timothy holds a BSocSc (Economics) degree and an LLB degree from the University of Cape Town.
Selected client work
- Dispute with Bank of Namibia, Namibia - Representing Stalker Hutchison Admiral (Pty) Ltd, a Namibian construction and engineering company, in a dispute with the Bank of Namibia.
- USA Millenium Project Dispute, Lesotho - Settled a dispute in Lesotho in which we acted for an international consultancy JV against the Government of Lesotho in relation to the USA Millennium Project.
- Acid storage tanks dispute, Namibia - Acting for Dormac Marine and Engineering Namibia (Pty) Ltd in a contractual dispute with Murray & Roberts (Namibia) Ltd relating to acid storage tanks at DPM Tsumeb.
- Solek Innovations (Pty) Ltd, South Africa - Advised and represented the client in relation to claims by Building Energy SpA pursuant to a Services Agreement concluded between the parties. Claims include a claim for damages pursuant to a lost bid in the South African REIPPP Programme.
- International Solar Power Company, South Africa - Acting for an international solar power company in arbitration proceedings in South Africa against the main contractor in respect of claims in the region of ZAR260 million. Also acting in ancillary claims between these parties, being two urgent High Court applications relating to a performance bond and two Letters of Credit and an urgent application in Japan relating to the Letters of Credit.
- Green Point Stadium, South Africa - Representing a global engineering company in a dispute relating to the Green Point stadium in Cape Town.