Our global antitrust and competition practice comprises over 150 lawyers across our offices in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, enabling us to provide clients extensive global coverage combined with in-depth local knowledge of markets, laws, regulators and enforcement practices.
“Strong competition litigation practice, acting for both the claimant and defendant sides.” Chambers UK, 2018
As antitrust authorities worldwide step up their cross-border regulatory enforcement measures against mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, corporations are facing an increasing need for a centralized, coordinated approach to identifying and obtaining antitrust approvals. Our lawyers have extensive experience in the efficient coordination of global and regional merger control filings and approvals, as well as providing in-depth analysis of the potential antitrust impact and risk of a proposed transaction.
We have extensive knowledge of structuring complaint transactions, including joint ventures and strategic alliances, as well as a longstanding track record of obtaining multi-jurisdictional clearances and negotiating remedies.
In addition to our global coverage, we retain strong relationships with leading local law firms, enabling us to provide comprehensive coverage across the merger control regimes of all major antitrust jurisdictions. Our team also includes lawyers who have worked within a number of the world’s leading antitrust and competition regulators, including the European Commission, the US Department of Justice, the US Federal Trade Commission, the Canadian Competition Bureau, the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission and the UK competition authorities.
Our areas of work include
- Merger control filings and approvals
- Merger investigations
- Pre-merger due diligence
- Regulatory approvals
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, London: Competition Law, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Europe, UK: Competition Law, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, UK: Competition Law, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Global Competition Review, GCR 100: Global Elite, among the top 15 global law firms for antitrust and competition matters worldwide, Law Business Research Ltd, 2018
- Legal 500 UK, London: EU and Competition, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500 UK, London: Competition Litigation, The Legal 500, 2018