Our London banking and finance team maintains a leading reputation for complex, cross-border transactions for the world’s most prominent financial institutions. As part of our global banking and finance group, we excel in a number of jurisdictions, delivering commercially-focused advice across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
“Extremely professional and diligent. They follow up on everything. Really a pleasure to work with.” Chambers UK, 2016
We have one of the longest histories of any legal practice in the banking and finance field, advising a number of major banks, finance providers, export credit agencies and other participants in the global banking and finance arena, as well as corporate and sovereign entities.
Our banking and finance team offers a particular focus on our key industries: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining & commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
We have experience in advising all ten of the world’s largest banks by revenue and act for the biggest development banks in the world’s fastest emerging markets.
Our areas of work include
- acquisition finance
- asset based lending
- asset finance
- banking regulatory
- capital markets
- corporate lending
- dispute resolution
- Islamic finance
- project finance
- real estate finance
- restructuring and insolvency
- telecoms finance
- trade commodity and export finance.
Awards and accolades
- Firm of the year: Projects, energy and natural resources - Legal 500 UK awards 2014
- Legal house of the year, 2012, 2011 and 2010, Global Transport Finance
- Aviation law firm of the year, 2012, Airline Economics
- Best commodity/trade finance law firm, 2012 and 2011, Trade Finance Awards for Excellence
- Energy and natural resources law firm of the year, 2012, Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards Law Poll
- European biomass deal of the year, 2012, Project Finance magazine