Our London aviation finance practice provides a full business law service to clients in the aviation sector. We have a strong track record of working with our clients to develop new products, as well as managing the sale, purchase, leasing and financing of aviation assets.
“They are very responsive and very quick.” Chambers UK, 2016
We work closely with our aviation finance lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa adn the Middle East, and we have developed a thorough understanding of the aviation sector and what drives it. This is combined with an understanding, gained over decades of involvement in the sector, of how aviation businesses work, enabling us to have a market leading asset finance capability.
We bring to lessors, financiers, and airlines, finance lawyers based in major financial centres and beyond to act on ‘first of their kind’ and market significant transactions.
Our areas of work include
- capital markets transactions (including Ex-IM bonds)
- corporate jet and helicopter financing
- export credit financings
- finance and operating leases
- Islamic financing
- KG financings
- pre-delivery payment financing
- restructuring and insolvency
- structured debt financing
- tax lease structures.
Our recent work
- Acting for HSBC on the financing of nineteen Eurocopter AS-30515 helicopters for Utair.
- Advising China Aircraft Leasing Company (CALC) on the purchase contract with Airbus for thirty six A320 family aircraft.
- Advised LOT Polish Airlines on the US Ex-Im backed financing of 5 new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, including capital markets flexibility for an ‘Eximbond’ refinancing.
Awards and accolades
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year, 2012, Airline Economics
- Editor’s Deal of the Year Award, 2012 (Airbus A380 financing for Emirates), Airfinance Journal Awards
- African Deal of the Year Award, 2012 (Q400 leasing to South African Express), Airfinance Journal Awards
- Latin American Deal of the Year Award, 2012 (Airbus A321 financing for Brazilian Airline TAM), Airfinance Journal Awards
- Legal House of the Year, 2012, Global Transport Finance
- Legal House of the Year, 2011, 2010, Jane’s Transport Finance
- Most Innovative Deal of the Year, 2011, Airfinance Journal Awards