Our London equity capital markets (ECM) team focuses on delivering advice to a number of prominent corporations and financial institutions throughout the UK and across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, working closely with our ECM lawyers in other offices.
“Strength in debt and equity capital markets transactions. Possesses the ability to handle a wide variety of multi-jurisdictional deals across a broad range of industry sectors.” Chambers, 2016
We are particularly strong in the mid-market and handle all types of ECM transactions, from niche AIM listings in the UK to migrations from AIM to the Main Market and global equity offerings for large multi-nationals across our key industry sectors: financial institutions: energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- accelerated book-build offerings
- block trades
- convertible bonds
- initial public offerings (IPOs)
- private placements
- rights issues and other secondary offerings
- US capital markets (SEC-registered public offerings, Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, traditional “private placements” into the US, American Depository Receipt and Global Depository Receipt programmes, SPAC listings, Sarbanes-Oxley, ongoing SEC requirements).
Our recent work
- Advising Credit Suisse, TD Securities Inc., Barclays Bank PLC and Investec Bank plc on IRES REIT’s €215 million firm placing and placing and open offer of ordinary shares to qualifying shareholders and other investors. We previously advised Investec Bank plc and TD Securities Inc. as joint bookrunners in relation to the €200 million initial public offering of IRES REIT.
- Advising Peel Hunt LLP as sponsor, financial adviser, sole bookrunner and broker on Lakehouse plc’s successful Main Market IPO, raising gross proceeds of £30 million.
- Advising Anglo Pacific Group Plc on its firm placing and placing and open offer to raise proceeds of approximately US$60 million.
- Advising Trinity Mirror plc on a cash box placing to raise £35.4 million (before expenses) in connection with its Class 1 Acquisition of Local World Holdings Limited.
- Advising leading UK hybrid online estate agency Purplebricks on its £240 million AIM lPO.
- Advising the placing agents on a €32.0 million follow-on equity offering by Euronext Paris listed ADOCIA S.A., a clinical stage biotechnology company that specializes in the development of innovative formulations of already approved therapeutic proteins.
- Advising JP Morgan Cazenove, acting as placing agent, on the approximately £90 million placing and open offer of JZ Capital Partners, the London listed private equity-driven fund.
- Advising Peel Hunt and J.P. Morgan Cazenove in connection with Redefine International’s potential placing to raise gross proceeds in excess of £100 million.