“Broad practice with experience across various industry sectors, including energy, life sciences and transport. Extensive global network enables the group to adeptly handle multi-jurisdictional matters for international clients.” Chambers UK, 2016
We provide the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions with a global M&A service based on our market and industry knowledge throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our London team of M&A lawyers provides integrated advice on all forms of domestic and cross-border transactions, ranging from multibillion-dollar international and national transactions to smaller domestic M&A, working closely on deals with our M&A teams throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
- high-quality, strategic transactional work for corporates of all sizes.
- public and private M&A experience.
- an international network of corporate finance specialists.
- experience in complex structuring, restructuring and disposals.
- wide-ranging sector knowledge reinforced by comprehensive market experience.
- support with employment law and conflict of interest issues.
- strong merger control teams across the world.
- tax advice and innovations.
Our areas of work include
- acquisition financing
- demergers and reorganisations
- joint ventures
- merger control
- public and private M&A.
Our recent work
- Advising Orange SA on the sale of EE Limited, the UK mobile telephone operator currently jointly owned by Orange and Deutsche Telekom, to BT Group plc for £12.5 billion.
- Advising Sacturino Limited on its successful hostile $9 billion cash offer for Polyus Gold International, the largest hostile bid on the London market last year.
- Advising Monterey Capital II S.a.r.l, a Terra Firma group company, on its £555 million recommended cash acquisition of Infinis Energy plc.
- Advising Sonangol on their acquisition of Cobalt’s 40% participating interest in Block 20/11 and 21/09, offshore Angola, for US$1.75 billion.
- Advising Evercore Partners International LLP, as sole financial adviser to communications equipment maker ARRIS Group Inc, on its cash-and-shares offer for Pace plc, the London-listed technology company for US$2.1 billion.
- Advising Trinity Mirror on the purchase of the remaining shares of regional newspaper publisher Local World for £220 million.
- Advising Accolade Wines Holdings Europe Limited and Punch Taverns Plc on the disposal of their respective interests in Matthew Clark (Holdings) Limited to Conviviality Brands Limited for £200 million.