Our litigation practice in London regularly advises on all aspects of high-value, complex, cross-border fraud and asset tracing matters, including civil fraud, insolvency, white-collar crime, cyber-fraud, and bribery and corruption. We are part of a premier global litigation team with extensive fraud and asset tracing experience in key jurisdictions internationally and we frequently work alongside counsel in offshore locations to freeze and recover assets. We have experience in worldwide freezing orders ancillary to criminal proceedings including restraint and confiscation orders in criminal courts.
Fraud and asset tracing matters often require a range of specialist legal skills. As a full service law firm, we are able to call upon lawyers in a wide range of specialist areas including insurance, tax, employment, data protection, real estate, construction, shipping, aviation, financial services, international trade and insolvency.
Our areas of work include
- Civil and criminal fraud claims
- Freezing and disclosure orders, in relation to domestic and tracing proceedings
- Co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional investigations and claims
- Asset tracing, working alongside offshore counsel and forensic accountants
- Claim/defence analysis and assessment
- Preventative strategies and policies
- Insolvency investigations and claims
- White collar crime and money laundering
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Misappropriation of confidential information and data theft
- Internet and e-commerce fraud
- Managing parallel internal / external investigations
- Managing parallel civil and criminal regulatory claims
- Tax evasion
Our recent work
- Acting for a global financial institution in relation to a suspected multi-million dollar commodities fraud in China.
- Advising a property development company in relation to a multi-million pound invoice fraud by a former employee and director.
- Acting for a sovereign wealth fund in the recovery of misappropriated funds and asset tracing through several jurisdictions including the UK, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa, including both civil and criminal proceedings.
- Acting for liquidators to investigate allegations of false accounting and bring claims against a former director of the company.
- Advising a UK stockbroker in relation to the investigation of a fraud carried out by a former employee. Our role includes co-ordinating with regulatory and criminal authorities.
- Advising a Czech bank in its attempts to trace assets in several European jurisdictions following a multi-million dollar fraud. We co-ordinated the bank’s investigations and recovery actions in 5 jurisdictions.
- Acting for a global financial institution in relation to an alleged pension liberation fraud, including dealing with multiple UK regulators.
- Acting for a UK bank in relation to an insurance fraud, including obtaining disclosure and worldwide freezing orders against the alleged perpetrators and their directors.
- Acting for global company in securing fraudulently obtained assets through a criminal confiscation order.
- Acting for a company in perusing a criminal complaint in parallel with a restraint and seizure order.