Dispute resolution and litigation is central to our intellectual property practice. In the courtroom, and using various alternative dispute resolution techniques, we advise leading corporations and financial institutions on some of their most strategically and commercially important cases.
“Excellent to work with - they are easy to deal with and have a practical, problem-solving approach.” Chambers UK, 2016
As a key part of our global IP group, our contentious patent and technology experience across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, spans our key global industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
- Scientific and technological skills; many of our IP dispute resolution lawyers have a scientific background, understanding the commercial imperatives that underpin your dispute.
- An impressive track record in many courts and tribunals worldwide.
- Experience in negotiating and securing commercial compromises to achieve your business ends and protect your reputation or investment.
- Equal facility in litigation and alternative forms of dispute resolution.
- Understanding of how best to exploit procedural and tactical possibilities.
- Experience in the design and implementation of enforcement and defensive strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of local IP laws in a variety of jurisdictions.
Our areas of work include
- patent infringement and impeachment actions
- trademark infringement (including trade dress, domain names and non-traditional trademarks) and applications to expunge trademarks
- breach of confidence/misuse of trade secrets actions
- copyright, design and database infringement
- counterfeit, trade libel and false advertising actions
- acquisition of search and seizure orders and injunctions
- disputes relating to agreements to use IP.