Our experience in the water sector has been gained by advising on all aspects of developments in the water industry. The diversity of our experience reflects the changes in the sector through privatizations, new models of regulation and financing and increasing internationalization and privatization.
“The lawyers at Norton Rose Fulbright are ‘always looking for new ideas, the next opportunity and how to turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s strengths.’” Legal 500 UK, 2017
Our experience in advising developers, utility companies, governments, commercial and institutional lenders, export credit agencies, contractors and regulators means our lawyers can offer clients a fully rounded perspective and a wealth of legal knowledge in this sector.
We have also built a specialization in areas particular to the hydropower industry and have a long history of acting on large- and small-scale hydroelectric power projects. Our highly skilled and knowledgeable energy team is well equipped to advise on all hydroelectric developments irrespective of size, value and complexity.
Our areas of work include
- Access entitlement, including water sharing plans, rights and obligations of water access licenses
- Contracts, including standard-form customer contracts and complex commercial contracts
- Delivery rights, including contractual and policy changes
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Environmental law, including contamination, remediation and incident management
- Water infrastructure, including planning and delivery, governance mechanisms, licensing, approval requirements and compliance