Navigating your way through the planning systems in the UK can be a frustrating and costly experience. The process of seeking consent for a project presents risks to its delivery and its programme, as well as the reputation of the project promoter.
Our team can help you to manage these risks and find a clear path to a successful outcome. We bring political insight and the technical expertise from our extensive experience and provide pragmatic and commercial solutions at every step of the process, from project inception to implementation.
In London our planning team includes specialist lawyers, offering strength in depth and a range of experience to assist you in the most effective and efficient way. Our clients include landowners, developers, investors, occupiers and operators from a range of industry sectors, including real estate, transport and energy.
"They are able to grapple with complex problems on any development site and provide timely and properly reasoned commercial advice.”
Chambers UK, 2016
Our areas of work include
- Strategic and tactical advice on the promotion of projects
- Advice on national policy, local plans and neighbourhood planning initiatives
- Making applications for planning permission and development consent
- Auditing Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments and Habitat Regulations Assessments
- Negotiating planning and infrastructure agreements
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Appeals and public inquiries
- Judicial Review proceedings
- Compulsory Purchase, land assembly and compensation
Our recent work includes
- Advising London City Airport on its successful planning appeal for the expansion of terminal and airfield infrastructure through the City Airport Development programme.
- Advising The Crown Estate over the past 15 years on its regeneration programme for its Regent Street and St James’s Estates in Central London, involving the development of landmark buildings for retail, offices, hotel and residential uses.
- Advising DP World for several years on the planning and compulsory purchase aspects of the London Gateway Port development that will combine the UK’s newest deep-sea container port with Europe’s largest logistics park.
- Advising London Luton Airport on the expansion of its facilities to accommodate 18 million passengers per annum, helping to secure planning permission.
- Advising Defence Infrastructure Organisation on its 500-home redevelopment of Howe Barracks in Canterbury, Kent.
- Advising Royal London on their mixed use development at Hurlingham Retail Park, Fulham Riverside, London.
- Advising HB Reavis on their redevelopment of 33 King William Street in the City of London