Our Lloyd’s team forms an important part of our market-leading insurance practice, offering a dedicated and experienced team acknowledged as one of the very few that genuinely has the knowledge and experience to advise on all aspects of the Lloyd’s market.
Our team in London advises on transactional and regulatory matters. Our clients include Lloyd’s managing agents, brokers, investors, reinsurers and banks. We are committed to identifying issues early on and navigating the often complex regulations to offer practical solutions.
We work closely with our insurance lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East to provide integrated advice on all issues in the Lloyd’s market. We have also advised Lloyd’s syndicates and their reinsurers on some of the most high profile disputes, including those arising out of the Australian bushfires and Californian wild fires.
- Active involvement in the wider “Lloyd’s market”; members of the team are regularly asked to contribute to conferences and articles and their views on issues relevant to the sector are regularly sought by the press.
- Deep participation in shaping the Lloyd’s market; members of the team sit on the City of London Insurance Sub-Committee.
- The ability to keep our clients up-to-date through regular email briefing notes, seminars and workshops; we also offer bespoke training tailored to suit individual clients needs.
Our areas of work include
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- turnkey syndicates
- new Lloyd’s vehicles
- funds at Lloyd’s transactions, including secured reinsurance
- capacity offers
- syndicate mergers
- portfolio transfers
- distribution arrangements, including cover holder applications and agreements
- run-off arrangements
- reinsurance to close and other discontinued business solutions
- regulatory advice.