Continued scrutiny by authorities, enforcement actions and complex regulatory developments are at the forefront of the challenges facing all financial services providers today. A robust, sustainable and risk-based framework of controls is a pre-requisite for organizations, not only to maintain compliance with regulatory obligations, but to ensure that emerging risks are identified and assessed with appropriate mitigating actions being taken. The regulatory agenda is continuing to evolve, with ever increasing scrutiny on:
- A firm’s culture
- The conduct of its staff
- The robustness of its internal governance and decision making
- The role that compliance and risk functions play in ensuring a robust and secure operating environment
Whether you are a new firm requiring authorization or the development of your compliance capabilities, or you are an established business, we have the technical and practical industry experience to help. We provide a range of commercial and tailored solutions to help you address your needs in the most cost efficient way.
We offer a range of services, from full controls and s166 reviews, to ongoing advisory services to assist clients develop, review and enhance their governance arrangements, their compliance and risk frameworks, their conduct risk management capabilities and their regulatory engagement approach.
Our areas of work include
- Advising clients on developing and discharging their responsibilities as a second line of defense
- Identifying, managing, monitoring and reporting on client conduct and regulatory risk profiles
- Implementing regulatory change or remediation programs
- Preparation for regulatory examinations (whether s166 or thematic)
- Reviewing and enhancing all aspects of clients’ compliance operations, including governance, policy, assurance and training frameworks
We offer our services as specific project offerings, through a tailored, ongoing support service or as a blended approach.