Our UK real estate team has a strong reputation for providing commercial and highly skilled advice to tenants and other occupiers of a range of property types, including offices. We have developed a real understanding of our clients' needs and their reasons for acquiring the relevant property, including its intended use, enabling us to provide tailored and pragmatic advice.
In addition to title and other due diligence enquiries, we review and negotiate all provisions which could have a significant impact on the financial obligations of our clients, including: rental liability and rent review; use of the property and constraints on that use, and also changes of use; insurance arrangements; alterations, both internal and external; continuing liability after assignment or surrender; and dilapidations on expiry.
Our areas of work include
- acting for major corporates and financial institutions on headquarter and strategic premises moves
- developing a strategic real estate plan to free up management time and deliver real value to the shareholders
- implementing that plan, whether it involves disposals, sale and leasebacks, securitisation or outsourcing.
Our recent work includes
- Advising ING Bank NV taking an agreement for the lease of its new corporate HQ building at 8-10 Moorgate, London.
- Advising Prudential plc on the acquisition of the freehold of its London HQ building and in relation to the ongoing management strategy for the building.