Our hotels and leisure practice is highly experienced in all areas of the hotels and leisure industry, both in the UK and globally.
“Ranked top tier in Hotels and leisure” Legal 500 UK, 2017
We advise hotel owners, developers, private financiers, banks and many of the world’s top hotel and leisure operators on all aspects of their operations. With wide-ranging experience of all sides of a transaction, we are able to quickly and efficiently cut through the noncritical information and focus on what really matters to our clients.
Our team has unrivalled insight into the complex legal requirements of the hotel industry and has enabled us to build an invaluable understanding of the commercial and practical aspects of our clients’ businesses.
Working closely with our colleagues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, we can provide cross-border advice on the full range of hotel and leisure matters – from a single project boutique hotel development, to a multi-jurisdictional hotel portfolio acquisition.
Our areas of work include
- construction and development
- data protection
- dispute resolution and risk management
- environment and safety
- information technology
- intellectual property
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions
Our recent work includes
- Advising on the acquisition of the iconic Old War Office Building in Whitehall for redevelopment into one of the finest 5* hotels in London and luxury apartments.
- Advising ABC International Bank on the Islamic financing of the acquisition of the hotel serviced apartments at the Corinthia Hotel in London.
- Advising Al Faisal Holding Company, one of Qatar’s largest private groups, on its purchase of the W Hotel in London, with financing provided by Qatar National Bank.
- Advising the Indian Hotel Company on its standard form operation management agreement and technical services agreement to be used for all hotel deals outside of India. Also advising on several of its properties in London, Dubai and South Africa.
- Acting for the operator and tenant of the Park Plaza Riverbank hotel in London on a lease regear to release additional capital to fund the implementation of a planning consent to create an additional 98 rooms.
- Advising Barclays Bank PLC in relation to a refinancing of the Mandeville Court Hotel, London.
- Advising Lloyds Banking Group on the re-financing for the Ham Yard Hotel, London.
- Advising PPHE Hotel Group Limited on its central London portfolio, including the acquisition of Marlbray Limited, the owner of the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. Also advising on its financing from Bank Hapoalim of the Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel, and advising on PPHE’s migration from AIM to the standard listing segment of the Official List and to trading on the London Stock Exchange's listed securities.