Our London real estate finance team offers clients the dedicated and tailored advice they need to manage the challenges of today's complex and sophisticated real estate market.
“The partners are always very involved and the associates are very good, so the quality of the drafts are very high. They're very focused on communicating to us what the commercial points are.” Chambers UK, 2016
We are a multi-disciplinary team with in-depth experience and understanding of the wide range of equity and debt financing structures and techniques used in the commercial real estate sector, and we have the skills needed to innovate and structure the most complex deals. We can advise on senior and mezzanine loan origination, tax structured investments, fund formation, real estate M&A, debt restructuring and workouts, securitisation, loan portfolio sales and Shariah compliant products.
We act for lenders and borrowers, giving us a broad perspective on the differing requirements of market participants, and our clients include leading international commercial and mortgage banks, alternative debt providers, real estate investors, including private equity, sovereign wealth and pension funds, corporates and developers.
As part of the global real estate finance practice, we are able to deliver to clients an integrated service with local lawyers across major real estate markets in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Our areas of work include
- domestic and cross-border senior debt financings
- mezzanine and other subordinated debt structures
- commercial and residential development financings
- Shariah compliant investment and development financing techniques
- distressed debt, restructuring, workouts, dispute resolution and insolvency
- public and private real estate investment funds and joint ventures
- opco/propco structures and sale and leasebacks
- loan portfolio sales and secondary market debt acquisitions
- commercial and residential mortgage backed securitisations.