Greg Lewis, QC
Head of Infrastructure, Mining and Commodities, Canada, Partner
Greg Lewis' business law practice focuses on commercial transactions in infrastructure, energy, and other industry sectors, particularly joint ventures, acquisitions and financings. He has assisted clients on a range of major projects, including public-private partnerships, port developments, hydro power projects, co-generation projects, purchases and sales of businesses in a variety of sectors and related corporate and project financings.
Mr. Lewis leads our infrastructure, mining and commodities key industry team in Canada. He is also former managing partner of Bull Housser (one of our predecessor firms in Canada) and former chair of its business group.
Prior to law school, Mr. Lewis was a logistics officer in the Canadian Armed Forces, attaining the rank of captain. He was the silver medalist at Osgoode Hall Law School (1987) and a Descartes scholar at the University of Waterloo where he obtained his bachelor of mathematics (1980).
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1987
- B.Math, University of Waterloo, 1980
Mr. Lewis’ notable recent projects include:
- Millenium Line Broadway Extension Rapid Transit Project
- Capital Regional District Wastewater Treatment Program
- Lions Gate Secondary Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford-Integrated Corrections Facility
- Prince Rupert Port Authority - various terminal projects
- Swift Current Long Term Care Centre Facility
- RCMP E Division Headquarters Project
- Waneta Hydroelectric Expansion Project
- North Island Hospitals Project
- Canada Line Rapid Transit Project
- Pan Am Games Stadia & Velodrome
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Projects - PPP & Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, British Columbia: Corporate/Commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, (2017): recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; Corporate Commercial Law; Energy (Electricity); Energy (Oil & Gas); Infrastructure Law; Project Finance
- Chambers Global: Canada, 2016-2017: Projects: PPP & Infrastructure
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of Corporate Law, Energy Law, Energy Regulatory Law, Oil + Gas Law, Project Finance Law and Public Procurement Law (2017, 2016); Named the "2016 Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Public Procurement Law for Vancouver
- Legal 500 Canada: Recognized as a ‘Leading Individual’ in the area of Infrastructure and Projects (2016); recognized in Energy: Oil and Gas and Energy: Power (2016)
- Lexpert Zenith Award recipient (2014)
- Lexpert / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada: Recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of Corporate Commercial Law
- Who's Who – Legal, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers (London, UK): Recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of Public Procurement
- LexisNexis - Martindale-Hubbell: BV Peer Review Rated
- Co-author, Canadian chapter for Getting the Deal Through - Ports & Terminals 2018, Norton Ruse Fulbright.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association - Business Law Section, B.C. Branch
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships
Norton Rose Fulbright aids UBC in launch of business law student internship program.
May 03, 2017