Dr. Klaus Bader is a corporate lawyer based in Munich and head of the Munich Corporate M&A team and the European Energy team.
Klaus has wide experience in domestic and international M&A and PE transactions and corporate reorganisations with a strong focus on the energy and infrastructure sector. He works for private equity and infrastructure funds, utilities and the asset managers of major insurance companies.
He frequently advises on Sino-German cross-border transactions. As a native Italian speaker, he also advises on cross-border M&A and PE transactions between Germany and Italy.
Klaus became a partner in 2008. Before joining the practice in 2005, he worked for a reputable German audit and tax advice firm, where he focused on financial due diligence reviews and tax structuring in the context of M&A transactions.
Klaus was admitted to the German bar in 2000 and qualified as a German certified tax advisor (Steuerberater) in 2003. He holds a doctoral degree in law (summa cum laude) and wrote his thesis on comparative German and Italian stock corporation law. Klaus is the author of various publications on energy, corporate and tax matters.
Klaus is a member of the International Fiscal Association (IfA). He is a native speaker of both German and Italian and is fluent in English.
- Advising GE Capital on its equity investment in the 400 MW offshore wind farm project Merkur and subsequent negotiations with further equity sponsors – European Renewables Deal of the Year 2016 (Project Finance International)
- Advising Swiss utility Swisspower Renewables on the acquisition and refinancing of a German operating onshore wind portfolio of 150 MWp from Acciona Energia including the acquisition of the asset management company.
- Advising insurance group Signal Iduna on the acquisition of a 100 MW onshore wind portfolio.
- Advising Munich RE on the acquisition of two wind park portfolios with a total capacity of 130 MW.
- Advising Allianz Global Investors on the acquisition of two PV parks in Northern Italy.
- Advising the Luxembourg based energy supplier Enovos International on the establishment of an international joint venture in the photovoltaics sector with a focus on Europe.
- Advising Energie 360°AG on the acquisition of a minority share in electricity trading company Polarstern.
- Advising Smart Energy Innovationsfonds (SEIF) on its venture capital investments in Luftmeister and Voltstorage.
- Advising leading water treatment company Aweco Appliance Systems on the sale of its business to Zhejiang Sanhua.
- Advising Perusa Partners Fund on the acquisition of a majority participation in premium motorcycle helmet manufacturer Schuberth.
- Advising Chinese PV module manufacturer Astronergy on the acquisition of the production site of Conergy in Frankfurt Oder from the insolvency administrator.
- Advising Matica Group on the cross-border reorganisation of their German and Italian business listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising Boursorama on the acquisition of the German customer base of Nordnet Bank.
- Advising CACEIS in relation to the acquisition of the securities services business of HVB.
- Rechtsanwalt, Steuerberater
Wir sind Kooperatonspartner der 11. Jahreskonferenz "Renewable Energy 2018" am 19. April 2018 in Frankfurt am Main an der Frankfurt School of Finance & Management..
19. April 2018
Our 9th Norton Rose Fulbright Renewables Day will take place at our Munich office on 8 March 2018..
8 March 2018
We have released an update of last year’s survey “Onshore wind auction processes under the German Renewables Act 2017 – strategic options for action and financing”..
April 24, 2018
The German conservative party and the social democrats will form a new government – finally. The forming of political alliances coincides with several current regulatory developments for battery storage systems..
April 16, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised the Swiss utility Energie 360° AG on the indirect acquisition of project developer and service provider Engine Power Systems Thomsen & Co. GmbH (EPS). With this acquisition, Energie 360° further expands its strategic position in the market for combined heat and power plants (CHP), which is growing worldwide..
July 13, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Taaleri, a financial services company based in Finland, on its investment in Germany’s largest power generation project utilising geothermal energy which is planned to be implemented in the municipality of Icking, south of Munich. The project consists of five wells to be drilled and the power plant to be built over them..
October 10, 2017