Nandini Rao is a Counsel based in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. She joined the firm in 2017 and focuses her practice on employment and labor counseling and litigation, and dispute resolution. Nandini represents a wide variety of clients in labor and employment matters and litigations throughout the country. She regularly represents clients in federal and state courts with respect to claims of age, race, sex, national origin, disability, and other forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment. She also represents clients in connection with breaches of employment agreements, including enforcement of non-competition, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation provisions, and with respect to wage and hour litigations.
Nandini also advises domestic and international clients on a number of employment and global mobility issues, including compliance with U.S. immigration laws. Moreover, she assists in developing policies and practices to help minimize employment liability risks.
Nandini is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York.
JD, cum laude, Emory University School of Law, 2010
BA, cum laude, sociology, law and society, New York University, 2006
While in law school, Nandini was a Managing Editor for the Emory International Law Review. After law school, she held an Emory Law Fellowship with the Honorable Ronald L. Ellis, Magistrate Judge, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Succesfully argued and enforced non-compete agreement against former employee of technology client in New York Supreme Court.
- Member of team defending major medical center in race and age discrimination litigation in federal court.
- Represented a major international airline in an employment discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuit in federal court
- Member of defense team representing corporation in sexual harassment and retaliation lawsuit under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
Memberships and activities
- American Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of New York
- Sports Lawyers Association