Patrick Farrell is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London where he specialises in aviation litigation.
Throughout his career he has represented airlines and lessors, government departments, insurers and suppliers to the aviation industry.
He advises on all forms of dispute resolution – litigation, arbitration, mediation.
On regulatory matters he has worked on route licence applications and challenges to regulators (CAA, Eurocontrol, Department for Transport) for airlines.
Patrick has particular experience in asset finance transactions – disputes arising under leases (including maintenance, redelivery/return and termination) both for airlines and lessors.
He is one of three UK lawyers (another being his colleague Robin Springthorpe) who is currently ranked by Chambers as a 'Band 1' lawyer in the UK for Aviation: Dispute Resolution; Chambers states "he has done and seen a lot in aviation - you can rely on the experience of the advice."
Legal 500 states the 'outstanding' Patrick Farrell leads the 'formidable team' at Norton Rose Fulbright, which is noted for its 'vast expertise' across commercial, dispute resolution, insurance and regulatory matters"
- Acting for Balli Group Plc and its subsidiaries in highly complex litigation against, amongst others, Mahan Air, the Iranian airline in relation to three Boeing 747-400s.
- Acting for SAS in the case of Sunrock Aircraft Corporation Limited v SAS [ EWCA Civ 882]. The dispute arose out of the redelivery condition of two aircraft and was successfully concluded for SAS in the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for a French bank in the repossession of two aircraft leased to Kingfisher.
- Advising a major UK airline regarding claims against the aircraft manufacturer and component manufacturer following defects discovered in that component.
- Acting for an airline on a series of disputes with a manufacturer concerning defective aircraft and consequential impact on delivery schedules.
- Acting for a major bank in relation to mortgage enforcement and sale of three aircraft.
- Advising on disputes with manufacturers - pre-delivery and late delivery issues, PDP financing issues, claims regarding defects with aircraft– warranty and maintenance issues and insurance claims.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Welcome to the July edition of Legalflyer.
July 13, 2017
Welcome to the December 2016 edition of Legalflyer..
December 13, 2016
Norton Rose Fulbright’s rail practice has advised the UK government’s Department for Transport on the re-letting of the Intercity East Coast franchise..
November 28, 2014