Our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency team has successfully represented multi-national companies facing financial distress in reorganizing their operations in a broad cross-section of industries.
"Excellent bankruptcy and restructuring team that provides clients with high-quality counsel on a broad range of matters, including committee representations as well as valuation and solvency proceedings." Chambers USA, 2017
Our lawyers have deep experience in the entire range of Chapter 11 issues that financially troubled businesses must confront, including extensive experience with pre-packaged and pre-arranged bankruptcies, out-of-court restructurings and refinancings, as well as the whole welter of tax, ERISA, labor, asset sale, corporate and environmental issues.
We have a diverse client base that relies on our team’s leading restructuring and insolvency experience in all key industries including energy, banking and finance, healthcare, real estate, retail, technology, telecommunications and transportation.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representations
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Cross-border insolvency representation
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Energy sector restructurings
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
- Labor and employment, including ERISA
- Official creditors’ committee representation
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Projects and project finance
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios
Awards and accolades
- Chambers USA, New York: Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers USA, Texas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Legal 500 US, Finance: Restructuring (including Bankruptcy): Corporate, The Legal 500, 2017
- Legal 500 US, Finance: Restructuring (including Bankruptcy): Municipal (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2017