Our team of knowledgeable securities lawyers covers the full range of equity and debt capital markets matters, from domestic and international equity offerings and multiple listings for large multinationals, to investment grade and high-yield debt transactions for sovereigns, banks, export credit agencies, multilaterals, institutional investors and international companies, as well as securitization and derivatives.
We act for the world’s largest corporations as well as emerging companies, and our experience acting for both issuers and underwriters on a wide variety of offerings gives us an in-depth understanding of the key concerns for both parties.
Arrangers, issuers and trustees value our experience and innovative approach and we can advise on all forms of financing including project bonds, green/renewable bonds, liability management and restructurings.
Our global platform enables us to fully and seamlessly coordinate highly complex domestic, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Our areas of work include
- 10b-5 opinions
- Debt capital markets
- Equity capital markets
- Initial public offerings
- International offerings
- Private placements
- Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings
- Secondary offerings (including rights offerings)
- Securities law and exchange compliance
- Securities regulation and enforcement
Our recent experience
- Acting for Bombardier Inc. on its 2015 US$1.1bn equity financing and US$2.25bn senior notes financing.
- Advised Tesoro Logistics LP, a NYSE-listed midstream master limited partnership, in its at-the-market offering of US$750m of common units.
- Advised Dean Foods Company, an American food and beverage company that specializes in dairy products, in its US$700m private offering of senior unsecured notes.
- Advised Guaranty Financial Group Inc., a savings bank with more than 160 branches in Texas and California, in its US$600m recapitalization with convertible preferred stock and subordinated debt of its bank subsidiary.
- Advised G-III apparel Group, Ltd., a NASDAQ-listed manufacturer and retailer of apparel, in its US$133.9m public offering of its shares.
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national ranking for securities/capital markets law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016