Brazil’s Ministry of Mines and Energy recently announced two initiatives to attract international investment in the mining sector, including opening a previously reserved area to private exploration and reducing restrictions on foreign ownership of projects along Brazil’s border area.
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) published new investment guidance, “Investment guidance for trustees and advisers running schemes that offer defined benefits”, on 30 March 2017.
The law on the insolvency of financial services firms is changing. Although these firms can and do become insolvent, their importance to the proper functioning of financial markets means that special rules should apply.
Our global investment funds team provides trusted counsel to international and domestic asset managers, financial institutions of every size, institutional investors and pension funds on the full spectrum of investment law, including the latest innovations, market practices and trends.
Our lawyers have deep experience in mutual funds, ETFs, private equity, hedge funds, venture capital funds and alternative fund matters around the world. Working closely with our global tax team, we advise on the tax aspects of fund structuring and the related international tax implications.
Our areas of work include
- Cross-border investment transactions
- FinTech funds
- Fund governance
- Fund raising and marketing
- Fund service provider agreements
- Infrastructure funds
- Investment funds
- Investment fund structuring and establishment across all asset classes
- Investment structuring, implementation and exits
- Mutual funds, ETFs and closed-end funds
- Preparation of offering documents
- Real estate funds
- Regulatory, compliance and fund governance
- Shariah-compliant funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Structuring of management and carry vehicles