With construction projects, there are often a host of legal issues to contend with, from environmental issues to contractual matters.
Our construction team often works in tandem with its energy, environmental, government contracts, health care and project finance services, bringing disputes to effective resolutions.
Our construction lawyers have litigated in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels and have substantial experience in the arbitration and mediation of disputes through the American Arbitration Association and other forums.
Despite our best efforts to prevent claims and disputes, our construction dispute resolution and litigation lawyers routinely advocate for our construction industry clients in the prosecution and defense of a full spectrum of construction-related issues, including:
- schedule delay, disruption, acceleration, and/or interference claims
- construction and/or design defects
- performance guarantee failures
- mechanic's liens
- extra work and / or change order claims
- warranty claims performance and payment bonds
Our work includes
- vast experience with building code and regulatory compliance
- experience with public and private prompt pay statutory claims
- experience with insurance coverage
- experience with copyright infringement claims
- experience with claims avoidance and documentation
Our recent work
- represented energy facility owner/developer in a multimillion AAA arbitration dispute with joint venture design / construction contractor arising out of delays, defects and extra work claims based on engineering procurement and construction agreement
- represented power plant owner / developer in a multimillion AAA arbitration dispute with consortium contractor and technology provider over extra work, delay (force majeure, contractor mismanagement, acceleration, and liquidated damages), defective work (based on diminished production capacity, loss of life expectancy of equipment, betterment and failure to comply with specifications) and warranty claims arising out of the construction of power plant
- represented gaming company in a multimillion dispute arising out of construction of new hotel, settling over eighty subcontractor claims, litigating delay, defect, extra work, and other claims with general contractor and bonding company