We are well known nationally and internationally for our excellence in litigation and dispute resolution. Our healthcare industry litigation capabilities are a part of that well-deserved reputation.
Life sciences and healthcare disputes clients
We have built a healthcare industry litigation team that includes trial lawyers who are routinely called upon to represent the interests of hospitals, multi-hospital systems, physicians and physician groups, managed care organizations, academic medical centers, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, medical equipment suppliers, skilled nursing facilities, home health, long term care facilities and other industry businesses in a range of litigation, including highly publicized matters involving legal issues of first impression.
Life sciences and healthcare disputes training and acumen
Our healthcare industry trial lawyers undergo extensive in-house training. The training begins when the lawyers are first hired by the firm and continues throughout their career.
Many of our senior lawyers have written, lectured and taught healthcare providers and other lawyers on the issues involved in healthcare industry litigation. Our lawyers author and co-publish the widely respected Texas Medical Jurisprudence.
Our healthcare industry trial lawyers have won national acclaim for defending complex professional negligence cases, such as obstetric and pediatric malpractice claims, through all phases of litigation. The firm's litigators handle general litigation and administrative litigation, from provider appeals of underpayments or overpayments to contract claims. Our lawyers are experienced and skilled in multi-district litigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Life sciences and healthcare disputes experience
Our litigation team's experience includes:
- licensure proceedings
- provider de-certification, suspension and termination proceedings, including EMTALA matters
- payment and cost report disputes before contractors and the Provider Reimbursement Review Board
- anti-kickback and Stark Law violation allegations
- False Claims Act litigation, including qui tam actions
- medical staff peer review and staff privilege disputes
- insurance and managed care disputes, including “prompt pay” claims
- antitrust litigation and investigations
- medical malpractice and products liability matters
- pharmaceutical and medical device litigation
- construction disputes
- employment litigation
- contract claims