Our energy transactions group serves oil and gas clients in joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures of assets and companies, construction and commercial contracts, and regulatory matters.
Clients rely on our experience in handling some of their most complex oil and gas transactions. This includes advising clients on transactions inside and outside of the US, including cross-border transactions, unitizations, profit/production sharing contracts, and negotiations with host governments.
We have deep and recent experience in all sectors of the oil and gas industry, including:
- upstream clients in numerous asset transactions and joint development agreements related to conventional, offshore, and shale resources
- midstream clients in regulatory matters and transactions involving pipelines, storage facilities, and gathering and processing systems
- downstream clients on the sale and purchase of refineries, petrochemical plants, and other assets
- LNG project developers and off-takers on regulation, sales and terminal use agreements, entity structuring, commercial contracts, financing, and construction
- oilfield services and equipment clients in complex commercial contracts
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national rankings for energy law, natural resources law and oil & gas law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Chambers Global, USA: Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers USA, Nationwide Projects: LNG, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers USA, Nationwide Projects: Oil & Gas, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide Energy: Transactions, The Legal 500, 2016