The Norton Rose Fulbright restructuring and insolvency team is one of the largest and most experienced in the United States.
Norton Rose Fulbright's restructuring and insolvency lawyers have substantial experience in representing parties complex insolvency matters.
Their experience includes:
- secured and unsecured creditors
- committees (both official and ad hoc)
- asset purchasers
- equity sponsors
- other parties involved in financial restructuring transactions and cases, both in and out of court
By way of illustration, we have handled bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring representations, including:
- complex loan restructurings
- prepackaged, pre-negotiated and traditional Chapter 11 plans
- bankruptcy litigation, such as preferential transfers, fraudulent transfers, equitable subordination, substantive consolidation, recharacterization and officer and director liability
- valuation and solvency proceedings
- debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses, and forward, swap and trading contracts
- international bankruptcy cases, international Insolvency arbitrations and Chapter 15 proceedings, including UNCITRAL and European Union Regulation matters
- sales and purchase of assets
- lender liability controversies
- mediation of bankruptcy disputes
The restructuring and insolvency team is able to take advantage of Norton Rose Fulbright's national and international transaction and litigation experience. As a consequence, we utilize the skills of our other lawyers who concentrate their services in other areas of law, including:
- corporate and securities
- insurance and re-insurance
- intellectual property
- employment and labor
- dispute resolution and litigation
- equipment finance
- project finance
- real estate
Norton Rose Fulbright's restructuring and insolvency team can rapidly assemble and deliver the right team of lawyers and other professionals to deliver a skillful, comprehensive and value-added solution to insolvency-related issues.
Diverse client base
In a volatile economy, no segment of the economy is immune from insolvency or bankruptcy problems and issues. Throughout the years, the restructuring and insolvency team has represented a diverse range of clients with interests in all industries, including aerospace, automotive, banking and finance, construction, energy and utilities, financial products and services, commodities (business services), healthcare products and services, manufacturing, metals and mining, professional services, real estate, retail, technology (computer hardware, software and services), telecommunications, and transportation.
We are uniquely well-positioned to assist in formulating and executing an appropriate solution to insolvency issues. Our restructuring and insolvency team has broad experience in both the transactional and litigation aspects of bankruptcy service and have extensive experience in handling cross-border and international insolvencies.
The restructuring and insolvency team, and the individual lawyers in the group, are widely respected by their colleagues and peers. The team's restructuring and insolvency team are consistently ranked as one of the most distinguished insolvency groups in the US.
Several of Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers have been elected into the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy, with one having recently served as chair of the college and another having recently served as chair of the board of regents of the college. One lawyer formerly served as Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas and another has achieved the designation of being a Certified Fraud Examiner. A member of our restructuring and insolvency team are also actively involved in lecturing and writing on bankruptcy topics and have authored numerous articles and other materials relating to debtors and creditors' rights.
- Chambers USA Guide recognized us as one of the leading legal practices for Bankruptcy/Restructuring work in the U.S. (2010)
- Chambers USA Guide recognized six of Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers in the Bankruptcy & Insolvency team (2010)
- Best Lawyers listed 12 of Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers as Best Lawyers in the Bankruptcy service area (2010)
- Who's Who Legal listed six of Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers as leading practitioners in the Insolvency & Restructuring service area (2009)
- Super Lawyers listed nine of Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers as “Super Lawyers” in the Bankruptcy service area (2009)