Throughout our history, we have sustained a national reputation for our experience in federal, state, and local tax matters.
In addition to advising our clients, our Tax team is often retained by other legal practices to provide tax advice to their clients.
Our lawyers are experienced in an extensive list of tax-related issues, positioning us as the legal practice of choice for clients who recognize the value of thorough representation on tax-sensitive issues.
Our Tax team has lawyers experienced in:
- Tax controversies and tax litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International and transfer pricing
- Tax planning
- State and local taxes
- Tax-exempt finance
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Energy taxation
- Tax policy matters
- Employee benefits
- Trusts and estates
Our Tax team has extensive experience in all facets of tax controversy resolution, from audit to appeals to competent authority relief, including litigation when an acceptable settlement is not forthcoming from taxing authorities.
A number of our tax lawyers focus almost exclusively on tax controversy and tax litigation cases, allowing us to maintain a high level of excellence in this area.
To provide the most informed representation on every assignment, all of our lawyers handle tax controversy matters in their specific areas of experience.
- Best Lawyers listed 12 of our lawyers as "Best Lawyers" in the tax service area. (2012)
- The Best Law Firms rankings by the U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers named the firm Law Firm of the Year in the category of Litigation - Tax. (2011)
- The Best Law Firms rankings by the U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers listed the firm as a national leader in Tax Law. (2011)
- For the fifth consecutive year, the Chambers Global Guide recognized the firm for its work in corporate tax in the U.S. (2012)
- The Chambers USA Guide recognized the firm on the national level as a leading legal practice for Tax: Controversy and Tax: Corporate & Finance. (2011)
- The Chambers USA Guide recognized 11 of our lawyers as leading tax lawyers. (2011)
- The Legal 500 U.S. Guide recognized the firm for its work in Tax Controversy in the United States. (2011)
- PLC Which Lawyer? lists the firm as a highly recommended firm in tax. (2011)