Information technology is the lifeblood of modern business. Our sourcing and technology transactions lawyers help clients procure information technology, data processing and related services and hardware. We help clients leverage cloud computing, data analytics, connected devices and other cutting-edge technology to improve the efficiency of their business, gain competitive advantage and manage risk. Our team offers technical knowledge and negotiation experience to help clients fully utilize outsourced functions and get the most out of service and hardware providers.
We advise both B2B suppliers and business customers across a wide range of industry sectors. Our clients include emerging companies and multinational businesses that are leaders in their respective fields. Our experience in representing diverse clients on both sides of the technology transaction equips our team with a complete view of the transactional issues and the ability to advance a reasonable compromise.
We assist clients in transactions of all sizes and complexities throughout the globe, from single process engagements to large enterprise and cloud agreements. We counsel clients on all aspects of the transaction, including request for proposal response, due diligence, drafting and negotiating agreements (both using our template library and bespoke agreements) and helping to manage the vendor-customer relationship during the initial transition and throughout the relationship.
As part of a global firm with more than 3800 lawyers in over 50 cities worldwide, our team incorporates the vast knowledge and experience of our global offerings to provide a comprehensive approach to all issues that may arise out of sourcing and technology transactions and during the vendor-customer relationship. Lawyers in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East are available and equipped to handle broader issues involving mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, privacy, antitrust and intellectual property.
Our areas of work include
- business process outsourcing (BPO)
- information technology outsourcing (ITO)
- shared services arrangements
- joint development arrangements
- cloud computing
- “big data” implementations
- professional services and IT consulting
- software as a service
- remote IT hosting
- contractual advice (drafting, renegotiating, enforcing)
- data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- vendor management programs
- software license audits
- dispute resolution
Our recent work
- advising a data analytics company on its outsourcing service contracts
- advising a utility holding company on outsourcing issues
- negotiating a transaction to outsource a utility’s records management and storage
- advising a telecommunications and media company on cloud computing contracts
- advising a high performance materials manufacturer on a joint development agreement
- advising an insurance holding company on global privacy and cybersecurity issues
- representing a utility holding company in a multi-million-dollar software audit dispute
- performing IP due diligence on patents related to big data analytics for a multinational financial services corporation
- advising a utility on a transaction for the remote hosting of certain software and its support and disaster recovery
- advising a multinational car rental company on transactions with business customers