We are one of the world’s leading aviation practices, providing an all-round service to the aviation industry. We offer our clients the benefit of years of in-depth experience, from all sides of major aviation transactions throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our clients include airlines, airports, banks and financiers, lessors, insurers, brokers, governments and regulatory bodies. During our history, we have represented virtually every US flag carrier as well as a number of international carriers in both domestic and foreign proceedings.
Along with carriers, Norton Rose Fulbright's aviation team also represents international and domestic manufacturers of aircraft, engine, and component parts, handling:
- aircraft finance
- air crash litigation
- product liability litigation
- international sales agreements
- foreign registration of flight equipment
- customs issues
As members of our Crisis Management team, our aviation lawyers can respond to crisis or disaster situations to assist airlines and aviation manufacturers during the critical period following an incident. Also skilled at developing disaster response plans before a crisis or incident occurs, our aviation lawyers have also assisted several carriers in developing mass disaster response strategies.
Going beyond the tort and personal injury arenas, we are able to handle complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters for the aviation industry, with experience in litigation, equipment finance, economic and regulatory investigations, crisis management and consulting.
- a leading global asset finance practice, as recognized by business and legal directories
- deep insight into the aviation sector gained over decades acting for the world’s leading aviation companies
- a thorough understanding of aviation businesses and how they operate
Our areas of work include
- asset finance and leasing
- aviation consulting
- commercial agreements
- corporate finance
- crisis management
- dispute resolution and litigation
- intellectual property and technology
- product liability
- restructuring and insolvency
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Aviation: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Transportation: Aviation: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2017