We are one of the world’s leading shipping practices, providing advice throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Due to the size of our team and the breadth of our experience, we are able to deal with any shipping related transaction, from the most complex structured and leasing transaction or litigation, to the more straightforward sale and purchase transaction, charterparty negotiation or cargo claim.
We are one of the few global law firms able to provide the full range of service needed by today’s sophisticated shipping companies. We are qualified to handle everything from the most complex tax lease structures to anti-competition actions, from ship conversion disputes to offshore disputes.
We have experienced vessel finance teams in Houston, New York and London. In addition, we have experienced shipping lawyers elsewhere around our network, together with links to other shipping specialists worldwide, enabling you to find local legal advice and local knowledge relating to customers, jurisdictions and transactions around the world.
Our US shipping and offshore finance team advises a range of clients on the full spectrum of international shipping finance, including work for banks, lessors, brokers, owners and operators in all areas.
Our areas of work include
- capital markets
- private debt and equity placements
- joint ventures
- finance and securities arrangements
- shipbuilding contracts, charters and pools
- sale and purchase
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- secured and unsecured financing
- structured finance
- international commercial transactions and disputes
- corporate governance and structure
- formation, restructuring and mergers of offshore and domestic entities
- international taxation
Awards and accolades
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Shipping: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2015
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Shipping: Litigation, Chambers & Partners, 2015
- Global Transport Finance Awards: Shipping Finance Law Firm of the Year, Nimrod Finance Publications Ltd, 2015