Manuel Merling is an intellectual property and dispute resolution lawyer based in Frankfurt.
He advises companies, in particular from the sports, luxury goods and technology sector, on all aspects of intellectual property/IP and copyright law. His main focus in this regard is the (extrajudicial and judicial) representation of clients in trademark, design, copyright disputes as well as on all aspects of unfair competition law. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of licensing, in registration strategies for IP rights as well as in IP focused transactions.
Manuel studied law at the University of Leipzig and at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms University of Bonn. He is certified as a specialist in intellectual property law by the Frankfurt Bar Association. Before joining us he had worked as a lawyer for two international law firms in the area of intellectual property law. He is a German native speaker and is fluent in English.
- Ongoing advice to clients from the luxury goods, sports, consumer electronics and fashion industry on questions of anti-counterfeiting, such as border detention applications and proceedings and civil and criminal measures against the counterfeiters.
- Ongoing advice to clients from the luxury goods, sports, consumer electronics and fashion industry on questions regarding the registration, licensing and enforcing of trademarks and designs.
- Advising a client from the consumer electronics industry on German unfair competition law.
- Representing a major client from the sports industry in IP litigation proceedings against major German retailers.
- Advising a developer of online games on license and publishing agreements.
- Advising a Chinese car manufacturer on the intended acquisition of a major German car manufacturer and a Swedish car manufacturer.
- Fachanwalt für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz
- Co-Autor (Rehaag/Merling)
„Die “rechtswidrige” Restitution? Zum Spannungsverhältnis zwischen der Herausgabe beschlagnahmter Piraterieware und der Strafbarkeit des Besitzes von Plagiaten zu Vertriebszwecken“ in Mitteilungen der deutschen Patentanwälte 2013, 58-62
- Co-Autor (Worm/Merling)
„Swiss Legislature Establishes in Statutory Law for the first Time the Principle of Regional Exhaustion for the Re-Import of Patent Protected Goods from the Territory of the European Economic Region (EER)”
- Co-Autor (Worm/Schmidt/Merling)
„The German Federal Court of Justice addresses the Compulsory License Defense under Antitrust Law in Patent Infringement Proceedings”
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Equistone Partners Europe Fund V managed by Equistone Partners on the management buy-out of the prefabricated housing group consisting of Bien-Zenker and Hanse Haus..
December 05, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has appointed 26 of counsel across Europe, Middle East and Asia. .
June 06, 2017