Shirley advises clients on compliance with state and federal consumer product and environmental laws and regulations, including California Proposition 65. She also represents various clients in environmental disputes.
JD, UC Irvine School of Law, 2016
BA, Sociology and Political Science, UC Davis, 2006
- Representing grocer in Proposition 65 litigation regarding food products
- Advising retailer on compliance issues for mattresses and other bedding products, including Proposition 65, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, and federal and state packaging and labeling requirements
- Advising retailers and manufacturers in Proposition 65 litigation involving sunscreen
- Representing retailer in resolution of Proposition 65 violations for accessories
- Advising private labeler on product claims and labeling for cosmetics
- Representing e-commerce retailer on product claims for jewelry and precious stones
- Advising retailer on federal and state shipping and transportation requirements, including hazardous materials
- Representing retailer in connection with potential sale of children's products subject to CPSC consumer product safety standards
Memberships and activities
Capitol Network , Treasurer and Charity Committee Chair (2011-13)
Two recently filed complaints portend the onset of a new wave of class actions in California courts that could affect all companies that sell consumer goods online or by mail order..
April 06, 2017