Bryon Farnsworth regularly works on a variety of complex transactions, including multistate healthcare system issuances, master trust indenture amendments and restructurings, interest rate exchange agreements, private placements, commercial paper, and multi-modal variable rate products. He has acted as bond counsel, borrower's counsel, underwriter's counsel, issuer's counsel and disclosure counsel on public finance matters involving governmental entities, 501(c)(3) borrowers, non-profit and for-profit senior living communities, and prepaid natural gas supply contracts.
Bryon joined the Denver office in 2012. Prior to joining, Bryon was a member with Sherman & Howard L.L.C in Denver, Colorado.
2000 - J.D., Harvard Law School
1995 - B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science and Philosophy, College of Idaho
During law school, Bryon was a Senior Editor of the Environmental Law Review.
Bryon was admitted to practice law in Colorado in 2000.
- Acted as bond and borrower's counsel for healthcare systems with facilities in California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Texas
- Representation of underwriters in numerous financings for healthcare systems and senior living facilities throughout the United States
- Restructurings of obligated group master trust indentures for non-profit healthcare systems
- Prepaid natural gas supply contracts to supply municipal gas and electric utilities, including related commodity hedge contracts
- Lecturer, National Association of Bond Lawyers Fundamentals of Municipal Bond Law Seminar, 2012
Memberships and activities
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Chair, Collaborative School Committee, Westerly Creek Elementary
Yesterday the House Ways and Means Committee released H.R. 1, titled the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (hereinafter the “House Bill”), which is....
November 03, 2017
We are writing to alert you to a serious threat to your continued ability to finance capital assets with tax-exempt bonds..
November 02, 2017
Norton Rose Fulbright has appointed public finance partner Bryon Farnsworth as the new Partner-in-Charge of the global law firm's Denver office..
January 20, 2017
Global legal practice Norton Rose Fulbright has today announced a total of 51 partner promotions worldwide. .
April 24, 2015