Our South African asset finance team comprises finance, corporate and tax lawyers. We provide advisory and transactional services to clients for a variety of asset classes and asset-based financing structures. Our team has been involved in several domestic and cross-border asset transactions, including some of the most innovative asset-based deals in South Africa.
We deliver these services through a variety of complex structures, including off-balance sheet operating leases, leveraged leases, export credit finance and asset backed securitisations. Our skills are applied to optimise the tax benefits of financing structures and to obtain, where possible, a beneficial off-balance sheet or tax treatment ranging across the entire spectrum of transactions in this area.
Our pan-African practice extends beyond borders and our team is regularly instructed on international asset financing deals. Our asset management lawyers span the globe, with capabilities complementing the South African team in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Our areas of work include
- cross-border leasing
- domestic and international tax
- export Credit Agency (ECA) supported financing
- structured asset and debt financing
- structured and operating leasing
- security arrangements
- transaction structuring.
Our recent work
- Acting for FMO as international legal counsel in connection with a USD10,000,000 asset finance debt facility (Nigeria).
- Acted for a “Big Four” bank advising it in connection with its asset finance facilities to Ross Air.
Awards and accolades
- Tier 1 - IFLR1000, Banking and Finance, 2005 - 2016
- Band 1 - Legal 500, Banking and Finance, 2012 - 2016
- Band 2 - Chambers Global, Banking & Finance, 2011 - 2016