Our South African professional liability team forms part of our national dispute resolution and litigation group. We act for a variety of prominent clients from all sectors, including South Africa’s big four audit firms and professional indemnity (PI) insurers for the small and medium-sized audit practices. We have vast experience across a range of professions including architecture, actuarial services, insurance brokerage, auditing, engineering, quantity surveying, and project managing.
We have particular recognition for our work in medical PI litigation including work for the Medical & Dental Protection Societies and PI instructions on behalf of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists, gynaecologists and obstetricians. We are experienced in the field of dentistry and related disciplines and regularly receive instructions in matters relating to general dentistry, orthodontics, periodontics and endodontics.
Our areas of work include
- criminal proceedings
- defence work
- disciplinary proceedings
- insolvency enquiries
- policy interpretation
Our recent work
- Advising PricewaterhouseCoopers in relation to the ongoing litigation relating to the National Potato Co-op.
- Advising the auditors to Randgold in relation to ongoing litigation.
- Advising the auditors in relation to the litigation arising out of losses sustained by the Joint Municipal Pension Funds occasioned by the Funds’ investment in maize futures.
- Successfully defending disciplinary proceedings arising out of the collapse of Regal Bank.
- Representing Deloitte & Touche in litigation arising of the liquidation of Leisurenet.