Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Katey Fardelmann is an associate in the Regulation, Investigations, Securities and Compliance practice in the New York office. She joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2017 and focuses her practice on white-collar defense, regulatory enforcement, government investigations, internal corporate investigations, international trade and securities litigation. Katey represents corporations, financial institutions and individuals across a range of industries in international and domestic criminal matters, including corruption and bribery allegations, money laundering, tax fraud, securities fraud, the Bank Secrecy Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), sanctions and export controls, and compliance, as well as civil securities enforcement and litigation. She has conducted domestic and international investigations, as well as developed corporate compliance programs.
JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
MA, Comparative and International Education, 2012
BA, International Relations and German, Lehigh University, 2010
In law school, Katey was an Articles Editor for the Georgetown University Journal of International Law. She received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers 2017 Student Advocacy Award for her work in Georgetown University's Clinic for International Women's Human Rights and completed Georgetown's Pro Bono Pledge.
Katey is admitted to practice in the State of New York, as well as the Southern and Eastern US District Courts of New York.
- New York State Bar
- Advised multi-national infrastructure development company on anti-corruption and corporate governance issues; designed corporate anti-corruption compliance program, including anti-corruption training for senior management and employees.
- Represented potential target of government investigation into FCPA violations by the Indian subsidiary of a United States construction company.
- Represented professional sports telecasting company in criminal lawsuit before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York related to criminal RICO, wire fraud and money laundering charges.
- Represented US public company in connection with Securities Exchange Commission investigations into fraudulent trading and market manipulation.
- Represented US public company in connection with shareholder class action suit.
- Represented international financial institution in connection with DOJ investigation in to tax evasion and related criminal activity.
- Advised clients regarding various issues related to U.S. economic and trade sanctions, export controls, CFIUS, and anti-money laundering laws, including conducting due diligence in connection with proposed business transactions.
- Co-author, "Maintaining enforcement risk vigilance while pursuing pharma opportunities in China," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, April 20, 2020
- Co-author, "Airbus' Sky High Settlement – Focus on Global Reach and Collaboration in Anti-Corruption Prosecutions," Financial Services: Regulation Tomorrow, February 13, 2020
- Co-author, "US Treasury issues final regulations to implement CFIUS' expanded jurisdiction under FIRRMA," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, January 17, 2020
- Co-author, "FCPA enforcers reach for the skies: Recent cases remind aviation industry that common airline perks can create significant exposure to FCPA violations," Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Update, August, 2019
- Contributor, "Commercial division update – Judicial approval of disclosure-only class action settlements," New York Law Journal, April 20, 2018
Publication | April 20, 2020
Airbus’ sky-high settlement: Focus on global reach and collaboration in anti-corruption prosecutions
Publication | February 13, 2020
Publication | January 17, 2020
Publication | August 2019