Niamh Ni Cheallachain
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Niamh Ni CheallachainvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Niamh is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office. Prior to joining our firm, Niamh was employed as Legal Counsel by an international financial institution in London advising on issues arising in relation to a Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the US Dept of Justice. During this time, Niamh also advised on compliance with related settlement agreements with the Federal Reserve Board in the US and FCA in the UK, before moving to work as an Associate in the London office of Norton Rose Fulbright. Since joining the New York office in 2018, Niamh has advised both individuals and corporations with respect to regulatory enforcement actions and investigations by the SEC, FINRA and CFTC, among other regulators and government agencies.
LL.B, with honors, Queen's University Belfast, 2011
- New York State Bar
- Advised a global financial institution in relation to compliance with its Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the US Department of Justice and global monitorship concerning its anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance controls.
- Advised a global financial institution on compliance with the terms of a Cease and Desist Consent Order with the FRB and other related settlement agreements in the US and the UK relating to financial crime compliance controls.
- Represented a privately held financial services firm in connection with a FINRA inquiry into compliance with certain FINRA and exchange specific rules.
- Represents individual traders and global financial institutions in connection with investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commision, FINRA, CFTC and other regulators and government authorities.
- Advised a privately held financial services firm in connection with its response to a CFTC subpoena.
- New York State Bar Association
- Irish American Bar Association of New York (IABANY)
Publication | February 05, 2020
Publication | January 07, 2020
Publication | May 2019