Our team of more than 1,000 global financial institutions lawyers provide a full business law service to many of the world’s leading banks, asset managers, financial investors and insurance companies, both domestically and internationally.
"Has an excellent breadth of experience relating to complex cross-border deals, with an exceptional track record on matters such as funds, loans, debt and acquisitions." Chambers Global, 2019
From more than 50 offices in the world’s key business centers and the fastest growing markets, our lawyers are perfectly positioned to help clients realize their financial objectives and optimize opportunities presented by today’s market. We are able to draw upon our depth of experience across the financial services sector, providing tailored legal advice on high-level and complex assignments.
We are equally skilled at helping clients navigate the challenges resulting from disruptive technology and regulatory change, with extensive knowledge of digital risk, cryptocurrencies, distributed ledgers and smart contracts. We also offer clients a global cyber-crisis response team, with experience representing some of the world’s largest banks in regulatory investigations.
Our areas of work include
- Asset and wealth management
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Financial investors
- Financial services and regulation
- Regulation and investigations
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Africa-wide: Banking & Finance (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, South Africa: Banking & Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 EMEA, South Africa: Banking & Finance, The Legal 500, 2019