Norton Rose Fulbright is pleased to be sponsoring The UK Financial Services Beyond BREXIT Summit, organised by City and Financial in partnership with the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK and UK Finance.
The objective of this summit, which is being held shortly before the UK is due to leave the EU on 31st October, either with or without a deal, is to look beyond BREXIT and examine the opportunities that lie ahead for the City and the wider financial services industry.
In addition to keynotes from the Government and the Bank of England, Jonathan Herbst, head of financial services regulation at Norton Rose Fulbright, will moderate a panel entitled 'Towards a new model for UK financial services regulation’. Other themes in the programme include:
- Helping the City to maintain its pre-eminence as a global financial centre
- The future of financial regulation in the UK
- The future of finance – data-driven, low-carbon and global
- Ensuring the success of the City and the UK financial services industry in the new era
- Developing US-UK trade in financial services
- Maintaining access to European markets
- Financial services in future free trade agreements
- Managing post-BREXIT legal issues
- Global Financial Partnerships – Building closer ties in financial services with key countries